Sunday 21 January 2018

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

The weather has turned decidedly wintry and while it is to turn milder and less snowy later in the week, the sub-zero temperature and regular snowfalls this weekend has encouraged curling up with hooks, DPNs and sewing needles.

I have finished and blocked the 'learn to crochet' cowl, made a scarf using the same stitches from some Noro double knitting that I bought in the sale. Not really my colours, and the slubby wool was a challenge but I quite like the result. I've also finished a pair of men's boot socks in some inexpensive acrylic as I wanted something to judge a men's sock size-gauge (now just need a man to lend me his feet).
I've also started on the Christmas decorations for this year! I found some lovely felt '12 days of Christmas' ornaments and bought the patterns from Mmmcrafts, the partridge and a pear now completed, and two turtle doves underway. They are a bit fiddly and I can only work on them when the light is good, but I rather like the result.  Finally I've started a new sock commission - four pairs for an old Prudetial colleague, fortunately with small feet (for a man) and fond of bright colours.
 

It won't be long before the days lengthen and hopefully brighten and I can get back in the sewing room and some quilting. But for now (as the snow starts again, back to socks and a good audio,book.

No comments:

Post a Comment