Thursday 11 January 2018

New Year, new skills

Nearly two weeks into the new year and I've just finished the last year's sock orders. Before I start building up the stock for next year's supply to No8 Johnston, I've decided to lean to crochet using the traditional method - using the hook in the right hand and managing the wool with the left. Yesterday involved lots of less than satisfactory practice. Today I started the 'Learn to Crochet' CAL in earnest  and after nearly a full day think I am now getting the hang of the chain, double crochet, half -treble and treble. It still fills cack-handed to be holding the wool with the left hand rather than the right (as when I knit) but it's getting a little easier. Apparently the rectangle I'm making is due to become a cowl. Assuming,  that is, I don't get bored with it and rip it all out and make some more socks with the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment