Friday 9 February 2018

January into February...

Already we are well into February, which I have designated 'felt' month - after the fun I had making the 'partridge in the pear tree' ornaments. My plan is to complete as many of the remaining days as I can this month, and also to try some felting in 2 and 3 dimensions.

But January was learn to crochet month and I was delighted by the 'Learn to Crochet' CAL from the crochet project. A cowl, hat, mitts and shawl later I feel I have mastered the left hand yarn management technique and am now looking with enthusiasm at various blanket clubs and CALs. Sock making goes on a-pace too - an order for four pairs this month from a colleague I worked with nearly 30 years ago.
A cowl, bobble hat, fingerless mitts and a shawl. Fun to do.

The first three days: a partridge, pear, two turtle doves and three French hens!

1 comment:

  1. oops! In response to your most recent comment I asked if you were getting back to your blog now that you had retired and were challenging yourself with your crafts. I should have checked before I said that. Mind you, you kept that one quiet!
    Lovely to see though. I have just spend some lovely time reading through your posts. Your quilting is beautiful. Also that hand stitching on your 12 days of Christmas decorations. So beautifully done!
    Looking foward to seeing what else you challenge yourself too (well done on the crochet). xx

    ReplyDelete